The Boon Town series is a unique set of DOWNLOADABLE short stories written in the order of how children naturally acquire language. Boon Town has a total of 18 stories over 3 series, all of which provide specific learning goals designed to complement each stage of language development from single words to simple sentences to focusing on grammatical markers.
Boon Town Series 1 was written for children from 6 to 18 months of age, as well as for children learning to talk. It can also be used for children whose first language is not English or for early readers.
In this series Buddy learns a vocabulary of 50 words while visiting a farm, a garden and during daily routines activities. The stories are written to stimulate learning, literacy and language function. It is recommended for young children 6-18 months, children learning to talk, children learning English, or children using single words. The words in this series will help to stimulate the child’s single-word vocabulary by teaching a variety of developmentally appropriate words within familiar everyday themes.
The language used in these stories are selected to help teach your child developmentally appropriate vocabulary through:
- Simple repetitive language (so that your child can join in).
- A variety of words to help develop your child’s vocabulary.
- Colourful but simple pictures to teach your child important concepts.
- Large print and highlighted words to help develop your child’s literacy skills.
- A vocabulary checklist at the end of each story to monitor your child’s progress.
Reading to your child from an early age is one of the most important things you can do to help prepare your child for mastery of language, better communication skills and offers a solid foundation for academic excellence.